In lieu of gifts for Shellee Dyne
You all know how much the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation means to me. Instead of a gift, please consider donating to the Foundation. As you may know, our son Jake was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis (CF) at the young age of 14 months. CF is a progressive genetic disease that causes frequent lung infections and wears on other organs. CF is not caused by one mutation or a handful but by more than 1,700 different rearrangements in the code for the gene known as CFTR. The cutting-edge treatments cover the mutations held by some 90 percent of CF patients. That leaves up to 10 percent of people whose diseases are advancing without a powerful defense to slow them down. Jake is among them. In lieu of gifts, please consider making a donation to help speed lifesaving research and drug development for individuals like Jake, in the final 10% of the cystic fibrosis (CF) community that do not benefit from currently available therapies.